You can improve your customers' experience significantly by offering customers waiting in line on the phone the option to get a callback.
When a callback is triggered, a callback announcement is played to the caller, explaining that they can press # to receive a callback and can enter a different number to be called on, should they want to. The announcement is in the language of the queue they're waiting in. If they choose to receive a callback, a confirmation message is played. When it's their turn, agents receive an offer and upon someone accepting it, an outbound call is made automatically.
This is how it works:
- Go to Settings.
- Click on Phone.
- Add a Callback action to your Call Flow.
- Record or upload an announcement telling your customers that they can get a callback by pressing #. You should also inform them that they keep their place in the queue.
- The language of the automatic callback messages are based on the language chosen for the queue that they are in.
- Every 30 seconds the customer will get the announcement that you have selected for callback, followed by information about where they are in the queue.
- When it is the customer's turn and an agent accepts the conversation offer, an outbound call will automatically be made to the customer's number.
Add action Callback.
Example call flow.
In this example, the Sales queue has a timeout of 30 seconds, so after 30 seconds the customer gets an announcement informing them that they can get a callback by pressing #. The customer keeps their place in the queue. When it is the customer's turn in the queue, and an agent accepts the offer, the customer will get a callback.
When customers decide not to get a callback, they will wait in the "Sales" queue until the next available agent accepts their call.