You can improve the customer experience significantly by offering customers waiting in line on the phone the option to get a callback.
When a callback is triggered, a callback announcement is played to the caller, explaining that they can press # to receive a callback and can enter a different number to be called on, should they want it. The announcement is in the language of the queue they're waiting in. If they choose to receive a callback, a confirmation message is played. When it's their turn, agents receive an offer and upon someone accepting it, an outbound call is made automatically.
This is how it works:
- Go to Settings.
- Click on Phone.
- Add a Callback action to your Call Flow.
- Record or upload an announcement telling your customers that they can get a callback by pressing #. You should also inform them that they keep their place in the queue.
- The language of the automatic callback messages are based on the language chosen in the queue following the Callback action in the Call Flow.
- Every 30 seconds the customer will get the announcement you have chosen for callback followed by information about what number they are in the queue.
- When it is the customer's turn and an agent accepts the conversation offer, an outbound call will automatically be made to the customer's number.
Add action Callback
Example Call Flow:
In this example, the Sales queue has a timeout of 30 seconds, so after 30 seconds the customer gets an announcement informing them that they can get a callback by pressing #. The customer keeps their place in the queue. When it is the customer's turn in the queue, and an agent accepts the offer, the customer will get a callback.
When customers decide not to get a callback, they will wait in the Sales queue until the next available agent accepts their call.